About WesTel Systems
Reliable technology from a company you can trust
WesTel Systems is a locally-based, family-owned business that provides Internet, Television, Phone, and VoIP services to several Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska communities.
Our customers deserve access to leading-edge technology. They trust us and know we deliver this technology in a worry-free experience. We reinvest in technology and our employees so we can be the best service provider for our customers.
We will remain a company that customers and employees are proud to be a part of. We support many local organizations including schools, fire departments, sports, chambers, parks, and other non-profit organizations.
WesTel Systems has been a family-owned business for almost 100 years! This started in 1926 when W.H. Daubendiek acquired the company.
The name of the original company was Remsen, Alton, Granville Telephone Company and was incorporated in 1904. The company consisted of many farmers’ lines and was owned by the various people on those lines.
- 1899 W.H. Daubendiek was the manager of the telephone company.
- 1926 W. H. Daubendiek acquired the company with the towns of Remsen, Alton and Oyens.
- 1926 changed the name to West Iowa Telephone Company.
- 1926 Marcus is added.
- 1928 Quimby was purchased from Farmers Telephone Company.
- 1931 Anita, Calumet and Sutherland were added to the company.
- 1943 Hooper Telephone was purchased. This added the towns of Hooper, Uehling and Winslow to the company.
- 1995 Cable TV service was added.
- 1996 started offering Internet services.
- 1999 started offering website hosting.
- 2001 The company started doing business as WesTel Systems to better build the brand and bring Hooper Telephone, West Iowa Telephone and Midlands Net under one name.
- 2011 started offering services over Fiber to the Home technology.
- 2020 was named a Smart Rural Community by NTCA.
- 2020 earned the Gig-Capable Provider distinction.
- Today, there have been five generations of the W. H. Daubendiek family involved in WesTel Systems.