What WesTel Systems is All About
WesTel Systems is a locally-based, family-owned business that provides high-speed internet, cable TV, telephone service, computer sales, computer repair, networking and website hosting to several Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska communities.
Here at WesTel Systems, we aspire to provide leading-edge technology to our customers paired with a worry-free experience. We pride ourselves on our small company values and big company technology. We support many local organizations throughout the area including schools, fire departments, sports, chambers, parks and more.
What really sets WesTel Systems apart is that it has been a family owned business for over 90 years! This all started in 1926 when W.H. Daubendiek acquired the company. Over the years WesTel Systems continued to grow, expanding on telephone services and eventually adding cable in 1995 and internet in 1996. Today, there have been 5 generations of the W.H. Daubendiek family involved in WesTel Systems.
The name of the original company was Remsen, Alton, Granville Telephone Company and was incorporated in 1904. The company consisted of many farmers’ lines and was owned by the various people on those lines.
- 1899 W.H. Daubendiek was the manager of the telephone company.
- 1926 W. H. Daubendiek acquired the company with the towns of Remsen, Alton and Oyens.
- 1926 changed the name to West Iowa Telephone Company.
- 1926 Marcus is added.
- 1928 Quimby was purchased from Farmers Telephone Company.
- 1931 Anita, Calumet and Sutherland were added to the company.
- 1943 Hooper Telephone was purchased. This added the towns of Hooper, Uehling and Winslow to the company.
- 1995 Cable TV service was added.
- 1996 started offering Internet services.
- 1999 started offering website hosting.
- 2001 The company started doing business as WesTel Systems to better build the brand and bring Hooper Telephone, West Iowa Telephone and Midlands Net under one name.
- 2011 started offering services over Fiber to the Home technology.
- Today, there have been five generations of the W. H. Daubendiek family involved in WesTel Systems.