WesTel Systems provides telephone, high-speed Internet, cable TV, computer sales, computer repair, networking and website hosting services for several communities in western Iowa and eastern Nebraska.
The name of the original company was Remsen, Alton, Granville Telephone Company and was incorporated in 1904. The company consisted of many farmers' lines and was owned by the various people on those lines.
- W. H. Daubendiek acquired the company in 1926 with the towns of Remsen, Alton and Oyens.
- 1926 changed the name to West Iowa Telephone Company.
- 1926 Marcus is added.
- 1928 Quimby was purchased from Farmers Telephone Company.
- 1931 Anita, Calumet and Sutherland were added to the company.
- 1943 Hooper Telephone was purchased. This added the towns of Hooper, Uehling and Winslow to the company.
- 1995 Cable TV service was added.
- 1996 started offering Internet services.
- 1999 Sioux Rapids and Peterson were added to the company. These towns have cable TV service only.
- 1999 started offering website hosting.
- 2001 The company started doing business as WesTel Systems to better build the brand and bring Hooper Telephone, West Iowa Telephone and Midlands Net under one name.
- 2006 started selling i wireless service.
- 2006 started offering computers and computer repair under the PC Cruisers name.
- 2011 started offering services over Fiber to the Home technology.
- Today, there have been five generations of the W. H. Daubendiek involved in WesTel Systems.
WesTel Systems has the experience to ensure you have a quality product in your home or business that fits your needs at a fair price.
WesTel Systems supports local organizations in your area. Schools, chambers, fire departments, parks, sports, and more are supported by WesTel Systems.