If you experience trouble with your cable television, Before requesting repair, please test your inside equipment. These tests may save you time and money.
You may want to add cable TV maintenance to your service. If the trouble is found to be with your inside wiring or equipment, you may be charged for the service call.
- Verify that your VCR or TV is set to cable TV and not to antenna or normal setting.
- Is the TV plugged into an outlet controlled by a wall switch?
- Check to make sure the TV or VCR is set to the correct channel; usually channel 3 or sometimes it needs to be on 4.
- Your digital box should be tightly connected to the cables.
- Is the problem with your remote control? Check the controls on the TV.
- Are other appliances off due to power outage?
- If you have splitters and extra cables between the wall and your TV, try connecting directly to see if the cables are bad.
- If the problem is only on one channel, it is likely a temporary station problem.
- The auto program should be set on your TV.
- The problem could be with your TV if:
- The screen is dark or is lit but does not have snow.
- Popping/cracking heard when the volume is on low.
- If you have no color or loss of sound.
- If the problem is on one TV set only.